Today makes one year that I've been back in New York after my "Adventures in California". I don't know if it was because my life was really boring and uneventful the year I was in CA so someone thought I had some lost time to make up for...but I feel like A LOT has happened since I came back to New York. Some really good moments, some really sad moments, some really funny moments and of course this year would not have been complete without those "what the hell just happened" moments.
So I decided to just write about all these moments and reflect my 26th year...
* I got two new jobs once I returned to NY. I was working hard and partying harder all summer. I was fired for the first time in my life later in the year. Fucking assholes!!
* An old flame was rekindled against my better judgment. Had fun while it lasted but I wasn't prepared for the heartache that followed. Oh well...what are you gonna do?!?
* An old and dear friend came back into my life. Had lost contact with her after JHS but thanks to the wonders of social networking sites, we got in touch again. Went out to dinner one night and it was like time had never stopped. We picked up right where we left off only the topic of conversation was a little different. Thank you Facebook!!
* My uncle's cancer came back after being in remission for a couple of months. We found out just before Thanksgiving. He tried to be strong and stay positive but the cancer had come back strong and spread very quickly. He died the day after Christmas. His death was one of the hardest things I've had to deal with. I feel like Death has never hit this close to home before. Bass had such a strong, bad ass, no one can fuck with me or tell me shit kind of attitude. He always had a great comeback--he was always five steps ahead of you in a conversation so no matter what you said he always had a funny smart ass remark. To see him get thinner and weaker as he got sicker broke my heart. One great thing was his spirit was never broken. His strength and positivity through it all was such an inspiration. One day I was driving him home from chemotherapy and a car cut me off on the Cross Island. He looked at me and was like "Mama you trying to kill me?? You know I got a long life ahead of me--whatcha trying to do to me?" This summer is going to be very difficult for the family because this was the time of year everyone liked to get together for BBQs. Every time I hear a motorcycle I will think of you Bassito!! R.I.P. always in my heart!!
* A web of lies and deceit became unraveled and the truth revealed itself. Truth hurts sometimes. Truth can destroy relationships. Truth can change everything you thought you knew about someone. Truth and Karma are two of the biggest bitches I know.
* I had a "life flashing before my eyes" moment. While on a road trip to Ohio with my mother in the car, I hit a patch of black ice and lost complete control of the car. The car hydroplaned and swerved from lane to lane. I couldnt even tell you how many times or for how long this happened. It felt like a very long time but it was probably only seconds. I missed the middle metal divider by inches before the car spun out of control and did THREE complete 360s as it crossed over the middle grass area and stopped inches before oncoming traffic. I was screaming "MOMMMMM" my mom was screaming "JENNNNNNNN" I can't even tell you what was going on in my mind in those seconds--I really thought I was going to get into this horrible accident. My body tensed and was prepared for a collision. It was one of the scariest things ever! I was actually nervous to drive again--I didn't drive for a few days after this happened.
* I finally figured out what I wanna be when I grow up!!! At least I surely hope I figured it out. I applied to school for my 2nd Bachelor's degree. Next summer I will apply for grad school for the Fall 2011 semester. So I'll be in school until I'm 32 years old but I'm excited. I am registered for my Fall classes and I actually can't wait for September to get here because I want to be in school already. I know by midterms I'm going to be stressed and thinking "what the hell did I get myself into" but this time around I plan on doing things right. I will not be a slacker and skate through college the second time around.
* My faith in love was restored only to have that faith tested a few weeks later. I thought I may have found a man that was worth my time and energy only to realize I was dealing with yet another little boy--oh well moving on.....My faith in love is still intact, I know there are good men out there....I'm just not sure I'LL ever find it but I do know it exists.
* I got a new puppy. Had fun with her for a couple of weeks only to have the puppy taken back. It was cool while it lasted. Definitely made me realized I am not ready to have no damn kids. Taking care of a puppy is lot of damn work--if its that much effort to take care of a dog I can not even begin to imagine an actual child. Whoa!
* I may have lost a friendship that I always valued dearly and held near to my heart for the last eleven years. I still am not quite sure what happened. It started as a conversation about a dog and then it got personal to the point where I felt like cheap shots were being taken at me. I never would have expected this. There are people in my life that I expect that kind of shit from but not her. I take a lot of bs from my family but I hold my friends at a higher standard. I always thought she knew and understood me better than that. I guess I was wrong about that. That saddens me on so many levels.
* I'm going to be a Titi again!! Yayyy!! One of my A4 sisters is going to have a beautiful baby girl very soon and I can't wait to spoil her rotten. Congrats Jackie and Hec!! This is my first niece and I am so excited!! Speaking of being a Titi--my nephews may be moving to NY. I'm also very excited about this. Yes this means I would have to have more interaction with my brother but I'd deal with that in order to be a more integral part of my nephews lives. I love little babies---I think they're cute until they're about 8--so I'm going to enjoy them while I can because I may not like them very much in a few years. LOL
wow I think this has been one of my longest posts to date. Like I said this has been a very interesting year. Ain't nothing like being home again!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OMG......thanks for the update. Very cliff notey. My favorite...i enjoy my nephews at least until their 8.hahah.
well i hope that you all your dreams and desires come true with school,love and life in general. They say these are the times we truly find ourselves. but i think we always will keep "finding" ourselves Even as we grow old we have new lessons and experiences that continue to teach us who we are. Love you girl. glad you're back. here's to another year of being home. let the adventures begin.
Jen... What are you going back to school for? What kind of degree?
Post a Comment