My mother always told me,
"Be nice to your brother. He's all you got once I'm gone."
I tried to be nice, I really did.
Does being a good sister mean
having no dignity?
having no pride?
Does being a good sister mean
always giving and never receiving?
Does being a good sister mean
bowing down to whatever your big brother says?
I didn't think so but
this was his conception of a little sister
Little sister for him equals personal assistant.
I would try Mom, I swear I really would.
I would cry Mom, alone in the dark.
I can't try anymore Mom, I wish I could.
My mother always told me,
"Love your big brother. He will always be there for you."
I tried to love him, I really did.
Does being a good sister mean
accepting and forgiving being wronged time and time again?
Does being a good sister mean
allowing somone to humiliate you?
Does being a good sister mean
allowing someone to be as cruel as he could think of?
I never thought so but
this was his conception of a little sister
Little sister to him equals personal punching bag.
I would try Mom, I swear I really would.
I would cry Mom, alone in the dark.
I can't try anymore Mom, I wish I could.
My mother always told me,
"Forgive your big brother. He loves you underneath it all."
I tried and tried for the sake of the family,
to brush things off as simply
Sibling Rivalry.
The clash between his conceptions and mine
Never allowed us to be Siblings
All we ever knew how to be was Rivals.
© Jay_Jay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i agree no one not even blood has the right to make you feel any less of yourself:)
Hey thanks for posting this. it hit close to home. i completely understand it. i wish it weren't true but life is true. so we can only be the best person. and that way we can say we tried. if it doesn't turnout the way everyone wants it to we did what we could. just know that within yourself.
love you
Post a Comment